IVF Patient Guide
The A.R.T. of Fertility
The physicians and staff of the Fertility Center of Miami understand how overwhelming and complex Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be to patients. The purpose of this booklet is to familiarize you with the In-Vitro-Fertilization (IVF) process. This booklet will discuss the following topics:
- What is IVF?
- What is TESA/PESA?
- What are Blastocysts?
- What is Assisted Fertilization?
- What is Assisted Hatching?
- How many embryos do I transfer?
- Potential Complications of Assisted Reproduction Technologies
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Frozen embryo transfer
- What to expect After Egg Retrieval: a peek into the Embryology Laboratory